CALL OR EMAIL YOUR LEGISLATORS: Ask them to support a fix of the reserve cap in 2016.
Call Your Representatives about the reserve cap
Phone numbers of your representatives’ offices in the Senate and Assembly are provided.
A pre-written email message is provided, which can be edited to provide information specific to your district.
- Reserve Cap Talking Points
- Reserve Cap – Are you kidding me?
- Reserve Cap – More money for banks, less money for kids
- Reserve Cap – Safe vs. vulnerable reserves
- Legislature Coalition Letter (6/2/15)
- Analysis of School District Reserves (Legislative Analyst’s Office)
- CSBA Report on School District Reserves
Note: SB 799, the CSBA-sponsored reserve cap bill, missed a key legislative deadline in June. It is possible that a bill other than SB 799 will serve as the vehicle for a legislative fix of the reserve cap in 2016. However, the framework for a fix of the cap has not been altered.